Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It Doesn't Matter If You're Black or White, da na na na na

I was never exactly a huge Michael Jackson fan, I mean, you wouldn't catch me dancing around my room, hair brush in hand, singing "Billie Jean is not my looooooooover". However, I'm not one to ever pass up on the opportunity to attend a gig, even if it's just a tribute show, so when my mother asked me to accompany her to a show by Michael Jackson impersonator Kenny Wizz, I didn't say no.

The man is from Las Vegas, so, as expected, the show was really something! The flashing lights, and costume changes were extremely impressive and entertaining, Kenny Wizz is a true showman! As for the songs, it was almost difficult to believe that it wasn't the real MJ in front of you. Wizz's impersonation is flawless, and the crowd was extremely responsive to hits such as "Black and White" and "The Way You Make Me Feel". I even surprised myself by knowing most of the words to the beautiful, slower song, "Ben". I'm used to concerts, and thus fancy myself quite good at predicting setlists. When he had finished "Heal The World", I whispered to my mom that he'd come back and do "Billie Jean" then end with "Thriller". When Wizz left the stage, and while the rest of the audience shouted "ENCORE", I screamed "VIVA LAS VEGAS". I'm sorry, sometimes I just can't help myself. He came back onto the stage and did indeed perform "Billie Jean", to teh delight of the entire audience, who shouted, clapped and sang along at the top of their voices. Then he left the stage again, much to the disspointment of the audience, who took up a chant of "Thriller, Thriller". Once again, I screamed "Viva Las Vegas!", because I am just so normal. Kenny Wizz did come back and sing Thriller, complete with dancing zombie-ghosts who ran into the audience and jumped over people. Cue screams from the more faint-hearted among us.

I found the show thoroughly enjoyable, although a huge change from the usual rock concerts that I'm used to attending!

No comments:

Post a Comment