Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Song Of The Day- WTFLV

What does that odd acronym stand for, you ask? "Welcome To Fabulous Las Vegas", of course! I spent most of today turning my bedroom into what can only be described as a cross between a craft shop and a gambling hall: paper, feathers, dice and cardboard replica of the Las Vegas sign are just some of the things that have taken up residence on my floor. Thus it's no wonder that I put a certain song by Mr. Brandon Flowers on repeat while I made my creations.

"Welcome To Fabulous Las Vegas" is the opening track on the album Flamingo, and, in my opinion is one of the best songs on said album. It seems to tell the tale of a life lived in Vegas, from the beauty of the sunsets and neon lights, to the nitty gritty of the cocaine and call girls. Sung in that stunning, velvet voice that could seduce just about anyone, WTFLV is definitely the kind of song that makes one want little more than to visit the USA's city of sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment