Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Song Of The Day: This Charming Man

I've had 'This Charming Man' by The Smiths on repeat all afternoon. I usually have an aversion to 80's music, but this band is different, they're indie rockers, not exactly the kind of 80's music one hears when the local radio station decides to have "Back to the Fab 80's " weekend. Anyway, 'This Charming Man' is a true classic, it makes me feel like getting up and dancing around my house whilst trying- unsuccessfully- to imitate Morrissey's distinctive vocals. 

Death Cab For Cutie have an awesome cover of this song, though I'm pretty sure they're saying "on two bicycles on the hillside" as opposed to the original "puncture bicycle on the hillside". Or maybe there's just something wrong with my hearing... 

No comments:

Post a Comment