Sunday, August 7, 2011

Just A Normal Sunday Playlist

I though I would share some of the music that get's me through the day, almost every single Sunday.

On a Sunday, when I sit alone in my flat, I start to miss home a little bit more than I do at other times of the week. I guess it's because I'm not at lectures, and I'm not trying to make up the sleep that I missed the night before. Thus, I open my itunes, and attempt to make myself feel better, and somehow I always end up listening to the same genre: country. Well, I blame my grandparents for this one. Weekends spent at their house consisted of a constant loop of Pasty Cline, Johnny Cash, and Kris Kristofferson, amongst others, and I guess that's what made these oldies classics remind me of home. In between "Your Cheatin' Heart", "Sunday Morning Coming Down" and "Help Me Make It Through The Night", I've added some Carrie Underwood, Faith Hill, and Lonestar to make my Sunday playlist a bit more modern. These catchy songs of heartbreak and lost love somehow manage to cheer me up even on the darkest of days, so go ahead, think I'm odd, I'll just be sitting in the sun, humming along to "Hillbilly Rock, Hillbilly Roll", and life will be perfect, at least for a few minutes...

No comments:

Post a Comment