Monday, August 1, 2011

Random Song Recommendation Monday

OK, so my original plan was to recommend a song with great lyrics every Monday, but I have a really, really short attention span, and I never stick to plans. Thus today I offer a random song that I love.

I stumbled upon Death Cab For Cutie's 'You Are A Tourist' several months ago whilst creeping on the internet for new songs, and I must say, it's a fantastic song. It's extremely catchy, and I've been known to sit with it on repeat for ages and ages. The beat is great, the vocals are awesome, and the lyrics- once you listen to them and analyse them a bit- are really quite relatable. "When you feel just like a tourist/ in the city you were born in/it's time to go", surely all of us have felt like this at some point in our lives.

A few years ago, when I first heard "Meet Me On The Equinox" (alright go ahead and judge me, it was on the New Moon soundtrack...) I was weary of this band for the same reason I've been weary of many bands: their name. I usually tried to avoid bands who referred to death or killing in their name. But once I got over that little obstacle, I found myself quite enthralled by Death Cab. I find them to be extremely calming, as well as being good background music for studying (coz I do sooooo much of that, not).

Other favourite tracks: I Will Follow You Into The Dark, Tiny Vessels, The Sound Of Settling

1 comment:

  1. Dude, have you listened to 'I will posses your heart?' I love it. I still need to get their new album... on the case now.

    ReplyDelete