Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Las Vegas' Next Big Thing

'I don't need a fire to keep this spark alive' must be one of the coolest opening lines I've ever heard. As I've said a million times before, lyrics are what really get me hooked on a song, and from the very first time I heard the opening line of "Prometheus" by Most Thieves, I knew that this band was going to be great! 

Being a rather large (cough, understatement of the century, cough) fan of The Killers, I am one of those people who follow all of their touring musicians on Twitter... I quite enjoy watching the Royal Albert Hall DVD and squealing "I follow him on Twitter!" everytime someone speaks during the behind the scenes feature. Thus, when touring percussionist Rob Whited tweeted about having a new band called Most Thieves, I knew I had to check them out. Well, that turned out to be a great life choice! Their tracks such as 'Muscle Memory' and 'The Weight and Sea" are awesome, and this band just knows how to choose the coolest names! I mean, their debut EP is entitled 'Every Mark On Every Map', how fantastic is that? 

The band has recently begun to gain a lot of exposure, even being named "best breakthrough band of 2011" by Vegas Seven magazine, and getting a shining review from Las Vegas CityLife after supporting Ronnie Vannucci's side project Big Talk at a show in Vegas. Fox 5 New Vegas also said that the band could be Vegas's next big thing, and this would not surprise me at all, one listen of 'Prometheus' is enough to have me imagining this song being belted out enthusiastically by huge crowds, sometime in the not-so-distant future.

Most Thieves are currently working on their first full-length album, and I have no doubt that it will take the music world by storm! You can listen to some of their music on their official website, http://mostthieves.com/ , and if you like what you hear, join one of the many street teams, which have popped up on Facebook over the past few months, such as this one just showing how supportive the fans are of this band! 

No comments:

Post a Comment